Saturday 1 December 2012

On the first day of Christmas.....



How quickly the weeks shoot by this time of year - no sooner than I was out and about taking photos of the gorgeous sunsets & colours Autumn brings than I wake up to a frost covered garden and suddenly we are in December! 





It must be to do with the shorter days because there I was lavishing under the illusion that I had ages to make & prepare for Christmas now it feels like the clock is tick-tick-ticking!  

I haven't written out the cards yet and I'm hoping we'll get the tree up tomorrow  - maybe even the outside lights.  I have made a couple of things and my son's Moshi Advent Calender arrived weeks ago and, I guess at least I've been organised enough to fill my daughters advent 'houses' with little gifts.



So we got up and opened our calender windows this morning and I didn't want to leave you out so, my gift to you on this, the 1st Day of Christmas and start of the festive season is a video tutorial for a cute Christmassy felt heart ornament.....



The tutorial demonstrates all the basic steps needed to make the heart plus a couple of simple embroidery stitches to embellish it.  The same technique could be used to make all kinds of felt or fabric shapes such as stars, gingerbread men, birds and much more so hopefully you will have lots of fun with this one :-)



'Tis the season to be jolly where sparkle, magic & crafting inspiration is around every corner.   Our nights may be darker but they can also be filled with the warm glow & delicious scent of candles  - not to mention a tickle of excitement as the big day approaches...



Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment