Wednesday 28 November 2012

Yarnstorms & Stars...

It's nearly December which means.... it's also nearly Christmas - yaaay!  I love all the preparations and can't wait to get the tree, decorations & lights out this weekend!


crochet stars


In the meantime, this week I am making, making, making for the PsAZZ yarnstorm  -  it's only 1 week to go - and today I am working up a batch of crochet stars for the garlands in as many bright colours as I can find in my stash.  I think I will need to starch them slightly somehow too (if you have any good tips on this please leave me a comment!).


I have been gradually making bits & pieces over the last couple of months and yesterday I had a sort out of what I have collected so far.  Hopefully there will be another load waiting at the BIRD office too.  So, here's a few pics of things...


granny squares
Some granny squares for the 'patchwork' door cover....


Random, higgly-piggly knitted bits...


We are amassing quite a few pom poms....


Various post garters & patches..

and there's more....

my lovely Mum's knitted some squares....

and one of my kind Aunt's has made some pretty bunting...
 
and fab Christmas Trees!

...one group member gave me some brightly coloured 'whirly-gigs' (I don't know what their real name would be...)



and we have some plastic 'hands' (because they are part of the PsAZZ Logo)....
 


....and these next gorgeous pieces of crochet came all the way from a yarnstormer in Australia (I am so chuffed at that!)
 


Next week, on the 5th December, it will all be taken to Bath for the 'big stitch up' and hopefully several volunteers will be helping to sew everything together and get it all strung up. These fab Christmas Stockings made by one of my cousins are SO cute I was tempted to keep them but I'd feel too guilty so I'm  thinking they will look just great inside across one of the windows..


If you want to join in and make something there is still time  - simply check out this post for details... and I will take lots & lots of photo's to post on the blog when it's all done! 

I really must be a little excited by it all because keep finding myself humming 'jingle bells.......'


Happy Making!

:-)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment