Tuesday 3 July 2012

My adventures with Knit Corsham...


I was reading the local newspaper recently and came across an article about a little group of knitters in Corsham who were working hard to make & collect all kinds of knitted & crocheted items ready to 'yarn bomb' the town as part of the Corsham festival. They mentioned they would like people to get in touch and help if interested and of course I couldn't resist! 

I managed to get in touch with a lovely lady called Sandie and, after agreeing to pitch in went along to a 'Knit & Knatter' session at the Pound Arts Center. I had decided I would make a brightly coloured garland of little crochet flowers and managed to make this little contribution in the 3-4 days I had until the big 'Stitch Up' !

My flower garland ended up over 7ft long with over 50 crochet flowers!

So, after days of crocheting and linking flowers until my hands & arms ached, it got to the big day and in spite of the blustery wind and spitting rain on a dull Friday afternoon, Corsham  got yarn bombed!

yarnstorm








I can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting Sandie and the knitting team!  It was a truly fantastic effort by everyone who took part and all the woolly decorations were up around Corsham & The Pound Arts Center for a week (although I don't think that was long enough!)  I just need to go and collect my garland now - I think I will use it to yarn bomb the bench in my garden.... watch this space ;-)


If you'd like to see more pics pop on over to the Knit Corsham Facebook book page here:


No comments:

Post a Comment