Thursday 12 July 2012

In need of a sweet treat..



coconut ice

This week I have been catching up on admin & bookkeeping which, in spite of my best intentions to do more regularly, can end up in a pile of paperwork that takes a while to sort (well, you know how it works.... there are always a hundred other, more interesting tasks!) Anyway, realising that I really need to knuckle down and get it sorted I decided that this week would be the week I would get it all done & out the way.  To start with I thought it best if I restrict my social networking to '10 mins with morning coffee’  and then get my head down (because everyone knows how much time you can loose once you get lost in the i-vortex) and by the end of Day 1 I felt quite pleased that I had got well and truly stuck into the task. 

On Day 2 I resisted the urge to slip back into the ether(net) or start a new crafting project but it was harder.   Day 3 was more of the same with the addition of a hugely frustrating software crash that just would not fix but which meant I finally had the excuse I needed to escape and do something different! I settled on making a batch of coconut ice because I have been craving something really sweet and felt deserving of a treat.

I have to say that, although it’s a simple recipe, you need a bit of muscle for mixing! I found several recipes for it, all with varying quantities of this & that but the basic method is quite simple as you just mix everything up! Unless you choose to go for the rolling pin method, my best tip when you remove half the mixture to put in a lined tin/dish is that it really helps to use the back of a metal spoon to smooth the top. Once it’s ready you do have to resist the urge to starting eating and put it in the fridge overnight to chill although I have to confess I failed slightly at this stage (oh well, a cook needs to test the batch doesn’t she?!)



It really is as sweet as a sweet can be and although I’ve read it can last up to a month if stored properly I just don’t think it will somehow…


2 comments:

  1. Heey could you give me the ingrediens ?? and how much ?? im from denmark ....my email is : karinjensen77@hotmail.com

    nice blog you have kindly irene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene - I am really happy to hear you like the blog :-)
      If you google 'Coconut Ice Recipe' you should find lots of links (they are much the same in terms of ingredients and amounts)but I'll send a couple to your email too.

      Delete